Fluoxetine Capsule | Flurato Cap
Fluoxetine capsule available under the brand name Flurato Cap is a medication used to treat various mental health conditions like Depression and panic attacks Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Bulimia, and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD).
How Fluoxetine Works
Fluoxetine is a drug that belongs to a group of medications called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). It works by increasing the level of serotonin neurotransmitters in the brain. This helps to regulate your mood.
How to use Fluoxetine Capsule
Fluoxetine is a medication that is commonly used to treat conditions such as depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), eating disorders, and panic attacks. It is important to follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist when using fluoxetine.
- Before you start using fluoxetine, make sure to read the Medication Guide provided on packing. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take the Fluoxetine capsule by mouth. Usually, it is taken once daily in the morning. If you are taking it twice a day, your doctor may direct you to take it in the morning and at noon.
- Keep taking fluoxetine even if you start feeling well. Do not stop taking it without consulting your doctor first.
Benefits of using Fluoxetine Capsule
Fluoxetine is a medication that belongs to a group of medications called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). It is commonly prescribed to treat various conditions, including depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), bulimia nervosa, and panic disorder.
It is used to treat major depressive disorder, also known as depression. It can help improve mood, increase energy levels, and reduce feelings of sadness and hopelessness.
It is effective in reducing the symptoms of OCD, such as intrusive thoughts and repetitive behaviors It helps restore the balance of serotonin, a neurotransmitter involved in mood regulation.
It is used to treat panic disorder, a condition characterized by recurrent panic attacks. It can help reduce the frequency and severity of panic attacks and improve overall quality of life.
Side effects of using Fluoxetine Capsule
- dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Unusual dreams
- Stuffy nose
- Sexual problems in males
- Excessive sweating
- Hives or blisters
- Joint pain
- Swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- High Blood pressure
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you have any allergies to fluoxetine, other medications, or any ingredients in fluoxetine capsules, tablets, or solutions.
- Let your doctor know if you are taking pimozide (Orap), thioridazine, or a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor. It's important to avoid taking fluoxetine if you have recently stopped taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor within the past 2 weeks.
- Inform your doctor and pharmacist about any other prescription or nonprescription medications, vitamins, or herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Mention medications such as anticoagulants, antidepressants, NSAIDs, and medications for diabetes, among others.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or if you are breastfeeding, inform your doctor. Fluoxetine may cause problems in newborns if taken during the last months of pregnancy.
- Do not use alcohol while using Fluoxetine Capsules because It may cause drowsiness caused by fluoxetine.
- Discuss with your doctor the possibility of having an eye examination before starting fluoxetine. This is to assess the risk of angle-closure glaucoma, a condition that can cause a sudden increase in eye pressure.