Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate Injection - The medication is primarily used in premature labor. It is used in women who are pregnant and have delivered a baby too early in the past. Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate Injection help lessen the risk of having a preterm baby again. Neither, this medication is meant to prevent preterm birth in multiple pregnancy cases such as twins or triplets nor intended to stop active preterm labor. The injections are a long-acting medicine and only advised to be taken if strictly prescribed by the doctor. The dose and duration of your Hydroxyprogesterone medication will depend on your medical condition and how your body responds to the treatment.
Composition: Hydroxyprogesterone caproate inj IP
Working Mechanism of Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate Injection
The injection medication is consist of Hydroxyprogesterone as its main component, which is a man-made form of progestin (female hormone). The component functions by regulating the mother's immunological response to stop the embryo from being rejected and to enable its attachment to the uterus. This process helps reduce the risk of miscarriage and lowers the likelihood of premature birth in women who have already experienced one premature birth. The injection is only used in pregnant women to help reduce the chance of premature birth.
Benefits of Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate Injection
- Preterm labor, amenorrhea(primary and secondary), advanced adenocarcinoma of the uterine corpus
- Hydroxyprogesterone caproate potent
- Progestational steroid ester helps reduce the risk of preterm birth in women with a singleton pregnancy who have a history of singleton spontaneous preterm birth transforms proliferative endothelium into secretory endothelium, induces mammary gland duct development weekly injections of 17-alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate beginning at 16-20 weeks gestation resulted in a substantial reduction in the rate of spontaneous recurrent preterm birth. long-term follow-up of children exposed in-utero to the drug has shown normal growth and development and normal scores for gender-specific roles. in conclusion, 17-alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate is currently the only drug sufficient to support its use for the prevention of spontaneous recurrent preterm birth. ideal in
- In pregnant women's preterm labor
- In non-pregnant women for the treatment of advanced adenocarcinoma of the uterine corpus in the management of amenorrhea ( primary and secondary ) in the management of abnormal uterine bleeding due to hormonal imbalance in the absence of organic pathologies, such as submucous fibroids or uterine cancer
Important Points to Remember
Some of the important pieces of advice to keep in mind about Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate Injection are:
The best Pharma Companty is offering its profound services in manufacturing, supplier, and PCD Franchise in Pan India of Hydroxyprogesterone caproate Injection.
- The injection medication is only given to a woman who has had a preterm delivery in the past.
- The medication should not be used by women who are carrying more than one child such as twins or triplets.
- The usage of the injection may affect your blood sugar levels. Hence, monitor your blood sugar regularly.
- The injection is only administered by the doctor. Between weeks 16 and 20, your doctor can begin administering the injection once a week, continuing until week 37 or until delivery, whichever comes first.
- If you experience stomach pain, black urine, or yellowing of the skin or eyes, let your doctor know. These signs of a potentially catastrophic liver issue could exist.
- While taking this medication, let your doctor know right away if you experience any chest, groin, or leg discomfort, difficulty breathing, a sudden, severe headache, slurred speech, sudden, unexplained shortness of breath, a sudden loss of coordination, or vision changes.